Here at Triple A Learning, we are constantly examining ways to extend our resources and workshops to meet the needs of IB schools and I would like to tell you about Triple A Learning workshops running alongside our existing IB-approved online workshops from October 8th, 2012. For fuller details about the content and structure of these workshops, please browse our workshop site by following this link.
(Scroll down and select Triple A Learning IB Workshops)
Our own Triple A Learning workshops are designed with you in mind. They are both subject specific and whole-school related. They have been developed to to support excellent classroom teachers by providing both strategies for delivery and shared resources.
Are you or your coleagues struggling with how best to integrate information technology into course outlines? Triple A Learning workshops support teachers in the practical application of information technology and Web 2.0 tool in the classroom. Beginning 8th October we have three new workshops designed to introduce participants to a range of IT applications and to guide them through their use:
- Expanding your Web: an introduction to Social Learning, Personal Learning Networks, and Web Tools (Beginner Course)
- Digital Storytelling: Getting Started (Beginner Course)
- 3D Virtual Worlds: Getting Started (Beginner Course)
In addition, Triple A Learning is pleased to announce the following newly developed workshops for the DP programme and across the Continuum:
- Assessment: Designing and Evaluating your Policies and Procedures
- Business & Management: Making Marketing fun to teach and learn (begins 29th October)
- Developing and Implementing an Anti-Bullying Policy
- Differentiation: Meeting the Needs of all Learners
- Enduring misconceptions in pre-University Chemistry: How to Recognize and Address Them
- Language Policy and Procedures
- Musical Links Investigation
- Music: Producing & Recording in the Classroom
- Getting through the 5-year evaluation for the IBDP
Triple A Learning also offers the following workshops for the DP programme and across the Continuum:
- Assessing 20th Century History topics: the Cold War
- Artists using Art: enhancing art teaching and learning through Transcription and Appropriation
- Business & Management: Making Accounting and Finance fun to teach and learn
- Teaching International Economics
- What makes an IB Library?
- Developing and Extending CAS
- Extended Essays – roles, responsibilities, research and resources
- IB Music Prescribed Works: Prokofiev and Xian
- Introduction to Higher Education Counselling
- Lang A: Literature part 1 – Literature in Translation
- Supporting student inquiry in the DP
For fuller details about the content and structure of these workshops and other Triple A Learning workshops, please browse our workshop site by following this link.
Follow the links below (or select the IB Workshops tab at the top of the page) for details of all workshops running from 8th October 2012
IB-approved DP Workshops (Scroll down and select Diploma Programme)
- These workshops count towards a school’s IB authorization process and, depending on the category chosen, are fully recognised as part of the IB authorization process
- All workshops require 4-6 hours commitment per week to satisfy the certification requirements
- Workshops cost from (GBP) £150 to £395 depending on the length of workshop
(Select Diploma Programme)
Category 1 – Introduction to teaching DP: Economics, Psychology and Philosophy
Category 3 – Internal Assessment: Economics, History, Psychology, Business and Management, Economics – Boosting student grades
Category 1 – Introduction to teaching DP: Biology, Chemistry, Physics
and Design Technology
Category 1 – Introduction to teaching DP: Music, Theatre, Film, Visual Arts
Category 3 – Guiding students to good TOK essays, Running good TOK presentations
- These workshops count towards a school’s IB authorization process and, depending on the category chosen, are fully recognised as part of the IB authorization process.
- May’s feature workshop:
- All workshops require 4-6 hours commitment per week to satisfy the certification requirements.
- Workshops cost from (GBP) £195 to £395 depending on the length of workshop
We also offer an extensive number of IB-approved MYP workshops.
To register and find out more…