History Paper 2: Authoritarian States: Germany 1918-1945 and History Paper 2: Authoritarian States: Russia 1917-1953 have been added to OSC’s IB Study Guide Series and are available to order now! These guides are written by experienced IB History teacher and OSC Subject Advisor, Joe Gauci. Find out more below.
History Paper 2: Authoritarian States: Germany 1918-1945 uses emergence and rule of Nazi Germany as a discrete example.
History Paper 2: Authoritarian States: Russia 1917-1953 focuses on Soviet Russia under Lenin and Stalin.
These guides provide:
- Essential facts and examples
- A clear structure to mirror the syllabus
- Author guidance on the requirements needed to obtain top marks
- Sample essay questions to boost recall and essay-writing skills
- ‘Key Historical Perspectives’ sections explain differing interpretations of core issues
- Timelines, key technical and historical terms
About the author
Joe Gauci read Modern History at Lincoln College, Oxford and has been teaching for 28 years. He is particularly interested in modern Chinese and Italian history, the First World War and the English Civil War. Joe has taught IB History for the last 20 years at Malvern College, Worcestershire, England where he oversees its academic life as Director of Studies. He has been a valued member of OSC’s Revision Course and Summer School teaching staff since 1998.